Because low vision varies from person to person, ABVI has different tools to help patients deal with vision loss. Diagnosis, evaluation and training is unique for each person.
- Reading glasses with high-powered lenses
- Handheld magnifiers
- Video magnifiers
- Computers with large-print and speech-output systems
- Large-print reading materials
- Talking watches, clocks, and calculators
- Computer aids and other technologies, such as a closed-circuit television, which uses a camera and television to enlarge printed text