Give Hope. Restore Vision.
When you donate you help restore vision to those who are blind and visually impaired.
When you give to ABVI, you give the gift of independence and confidence to a parent, child, friend or colleague.
Your gift will support a mother, father, daughter or son struggling with vision loss to learn new skills that help them…
- Best use their remaining vision
- Address emotional challenges caused by vision loss
- Continue living independently at home
- Continue their schooling or employment
- Travel safely in their home and community
Our clients benefit directly from our generous donors
85.5% of our annual operating budget is dedicated to client programs and services!
Join the Legacy Society
Interested in leaving a planned gift? Become a part of the Roberta Griffith Legacy Society.
CLICK HERE to learn more
Other Ways You Can Give
Donate by Mail
To donate by mail (by check or credit card) please download, print, and mail the completed donor form to Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired, 456 Cherry St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
Many employers match gifts made by their employees, doubling or even tripling your gift. Ask your employer if they match employee gifts. If you would like a representative of ABVI to discuss this option with your employer and/or present our message of service within the community to fellow employees, please call us.
To keep the Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (ABVI) on the cutting edge and to enhance our ability to provide better therapies, treatments, and futures for our clients, we strive to consistently upgrade and update our equipment. We maintain our wish list with input of various clinicians and staff.
Any of the items on our list will help assure that ABVI has the most up-to-date equipment and can provide the best care possible to our clients. Thank you for considering a gift to elevate our care. If you’d like to fulfill a wish, please contact Laura Dulay at 616.840.729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Legacy
A legacy gift to The Foundation in Support of the Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (Tax ID 38-3382541) will provide permanent support for services to our clients.
- A cash gift that will continue to provide annual support
- Donation of assets such as Stocks, Bonds, CD’s, IRA’s, Life Insurance, Real Estate and others. Gifts such as these may also provide tax savings
- Name our Foundation as a beneficiary of your IRA or other retirement plan
- Transfer ownership of a Life Insurance Policy, or name our Foundation as the beneficiary of an existing policy
- Deed your residence to ABVI, but retain the use of the residence for your lifetime
- Encourage family, loved ones and supportive friends to leave Legacy Gifts to our Foundation as a special recognition of our caring, supportive services
Be sure to talk with your legal, financial and/or tax advisor for professional advice on incorporating your Legacy Gift within your plans.
For more information please contact Laura Dulay, Development Director, at 616-458-1187 or Laura.Dulay@maryfreebed.com